Friday, March 28, 2008

Does life have a meaning?

I wake up, not to the chirping of birds

But to shrill ring of my alarm

It's a brand new day

But i find no charm


i sport a resigned look

A feeling of inevitability

A few minutes is all it took

My morning chores done.


Breakfast, i hardly remember the taste

Lost in calls and deadlines

My mom looks at my face

Looking for signs, I hear only a sigh


I drive in a daze,oblivious

To madness, to traffic

We all, in life, join this race,

Losing our way, losing ourselves.


To sing in the rain

To walk by the shore

To play with my dog

To watch the stars

To hug my mom

To play with my kids

To make love to my wife

To read on a rainy sunday afternoon

Is all i yearn for.


A voice brings me back to reality

ID please?

A long day begins, a pity

One of many that i am wasting

Till i die with these dreams.

3 comments:

Gargs said...

Come to think of it... a simple Govt job wud make u live ur dreams... but then u wud probably be writing another saga of another set of forsaken dreams :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Srini said...

Hey dude, nice work da.. Well reminds me of my fav quote "There should be a better way to start the day than waking up!"...

We are all part of this maddenning race to nowhere..