Sunday, June 10, 2007

Poems and Me - The First 'Real' Attempt

I have always wondered why people start writing poems...Does writing poems make one look creative? Or is it one hobby that you can harp upon to make you stand out in the crowd?
I started writing poems just like how any other ambitious,naive youngster would have...trying to ape the suave,verbose, handsome chaps who can impress the ladies with ease.
But then realization hit me....a realization that poems need to be felt before being penned down. It was a tough job and i gave up halfway through..this wasnt my cup of tea. I got back to what i did best reading, watching movies and munching potato chips.
Well what you see below is my first attempt at writing a poem after being inspired by the book 'One night at a call center'.Now my personal opinion about this book is not too great but then maybe i was inspired coz of the sequence of events surrounding it. I felt, and realized for the first time, how poems are written. The thoughts flowed, i never had to think and it dawned on me that everybody can write a poem one day. If i can write one, any Tom , Dick and Harry can.It isnt about creativity nor is it about mastery of a language. Its what you wanna express and what you have experienced.
So, here we go...I donno why it always has to be love that brings out a poet in someone. Sorry, am no different either.
Love - A Symphony of two souls.
Ha ha....It's been carried along through generations,
As sacred as the holy grail.
A mantra for modern era,
Though the rules have changed...It is called 'Love'...
A divine word, that even the dictionary cant describe...
Maybe i can...or i think so....
It came without a warning....and left me,
leaving a permenant scar...
God, i worshipped her,
Dreamt of every moment that would have been...
but waking up knowing it'll never be.....
She still and will always be in my dreams...
I dont know why or what it means....
I never knew living was more painful than dying..
until she was lost from my life, it left me crying...
how can i ever forget what i thought was happening..but never happened?
They say failure is the stepping stone for success,
But how did i fail, when i didnt even try?
Its an adage, that, Time is the healer,
True love defies Time......
And to me it was a roller coaster of emotions...
But the end didnt leave me exhiliarated...
Rather it kept spiralling down...
Not only the ride, but my life as well..!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mental, nallavey ezhudurey....No more hard feelings...sariya....I am sure that something really nice is on your way :)