Friday, August 3, 2007

My Feelings - A Realization within

I made a promise to myself
to be devoid of feelings
never in future and never to look back...
But I could not kill it,
When I saw the pitiful eyes of it,
It was shivering, begging me
Not to desert it...
and then it promised me...
It will never let anybody hurt me,
Anybody at all,
Told me that I will be strong ,
standing upto those who didnt care,
Didn’t want to believe,
How could I ?
I wasn’t even sure about myself there...
it didnt shield me....
from being taken for granted....Did it....?
It blinded me...
from realizing who actually cared...
it made me hold something in my arms
which i couldnt hold in my heart...
I would have started walking alone,
but I wasnt overpowered, for once....
Sometimes when i turn back...
I see my feelings crawling behind me...
In truth,
I turn around and walk faster...
Just to outdistance myself...
And i look up...
A smiling face...
Forgetting all about what am running from,
i smile back hoping its not farce.

No comments: